Court of Justice of the European Union
The tallest tower in Luxembourg
In the heart of the Kirchberg business district, Félix Giorgetti constructed the 5th extension to the Court of Justice of the European Union. A 160.5m high tower with 30 floors, it is the tallest in Luxembourg.
Félix Giorgetti was responsible for the construction of the 5th extension to the Court of Justice of the European Union. A building of 30 floors above ground and two basement levels, of a total of 42,500m2 including the tower and the base. At 160.5m high it has become the tallest tower in Luxembourg-City.
Works carried out
The building :
- A 30-storey reinforced concrete building;
- The floors are in ventilated thin double-glazed skin with adjustable sunshades;
- The top of the tower facades is covered by glazed photovoltaic panels;
- BREEAM certification targeted: excellent level;
- Energy class required: AAA;
To ensure the safety of personnel and guarantee optimal working conditions at this height, a “fall arrester” system was installed, surrounding the periphery of the building. It surrounds two complete floors at a time and is composed of vertical metal beams covered by a perforated sheet cladding.
These elements were lifted using a hydraulic system, after each level of the concrete slab.
Work completed :
- Mechanical and manual earthworks of the foundations;
- Embankments and thermal insulation under paving;
- Buried networks / earthing and laying empty casings;
- Reinforced concrete structure poured on site;
- The central core of the tower was made using a climbing formwork. The concreting of walls and slabs was carried out using a 32ml stationary pump.
In order to ensure the safety of people working at this height, hydraulic lift guards and goods lifts for people and facade materials were put in place.
Buildings avenue de la Gare
At 29-31 and 49-51 Avenue de la Gare in Luxembourg-City, Félix Giorgetti is blending past and present
Ban de Gasperich public park
Covering an area of 16.6ha, it is the largest park and the green lung of the Luxembourg capital.
Cloche d’Or P+R
Facilitate mobility in the capital with a 2,000 parking in the new Cloche d'Or district.
Maintenance and Storage Centre
Enhance CFL maintenance capacities